Colombia Tres Lomitas
$15.95 – $79.75
***Both fields must be selected in order to add item to cart
Tasting Notes: red wine, green apple, lemon and rich caramel.
|Region||El Meson Alto, Argelia, Cauca|
This coffee is part of the Farm Select program with Banexport in Colombia, an initiative that aims to support producers with the tools they need to improve their coffee quality, gain access to better prices, and make lasting connections with committed specialty buyers. Through its Farm Select program standards and protocols, Banexport identifies producers who are willing to utilize advanced techniques and technology in order to produce a better cup; provides them with education and support toward that end; and, through a close and collaborative partnership with Cafe Imports, connects them with buyers who are interested in developing mutually beneficial, long-term and reliable buying relationships.
The Farm Select program has several specific elements, including:
- The use of Brix and pH meters for optimal harvesting and fermentation
- Farm soil analysis and fertilization guidance
- Sensory analysis training and support
- Fixed per-pound pricing for producers above both the C market price and the daily market price set by the FNC in Colombia
- Training and higher compensation for pickers on Farm Select farms ($600 pesos per kilo compared with the national standard $300 pesos)
Didier Rodrigo Hoyos Galindez owns the 7.5-hectare coffee farm Tres Lomitas. He grows Castillo variety coffee at 1,450 meters. Coffee is picked ripe when the cherries have turned dark red, and depulped in the afternoon after the morning’s pick. They are fermented dry in a hopper and two tanks for 14 hours, then washed twice. They’re dried in the sun on plastic canvas and rotated every 2–3 hours to ensure uniformity. The coffee takes about 4–6 days to dry.
*All info courtesy of Cafe Imports”